Friday, November 13, 2009

Must... get... sleep

Writing is hard work, apparently, even when you get to just make up all the details -- or maybe especially when you just make up everything.

I had envisioned myself writing through the night and finishing up before Saturday morning dawned, but after writing 11,000 words today I am just a little tired. (It's good tired.)

I am happy to report this long day of writing has brought me up to 47,000 words to date, which means I need a measly 3,000 more on Saturday. Psshaw.

Well, seriously, it might be a little tricky. Throughout the contest, weekends have been the most difficult time for me to write because Logan is home all day. He demands quite a lot of attention, and he's cool enough that I'm happy to give it to him. But it does mean that I have a hard time getting anything else done.

So... I'll be back in a few hours, refreshed and ready to top the big 5-0-0-0-0, I hope.

For those of you actually interested in the story and not just my word count, I have realized without a doubt that the story I have begun telling will require more than 50,000 words to finish. I don't know how many yet, or how long it will take me to finish it, but it will not be finished when I hit 50,000 words tomorrow. But soon after, I hope.

Good night.

3 comments:

Ngân Đàm said...

Hello, you don't know me but I have been cheering for you! I am also doing NaNoWriMo, but am way behind. Good luck with getting to your 50K goal...it seems like it will be reality soon!

Julie said...

But you're so close! And you want sleep? Slacker.

courtney said...

It's Saturday night as I write this, so I hope you made it! Although even if you didn't make it, you could tell us you did and none of us would be the wiser.